What are the symptoms of diabetes?
The most common symptoms of diabetes include:
- Going to the loo frequently
- Being thirsty excessively
- Being hungry almost all the time
- Losing or gaining weight substantially
- Constantly feeling tired
- Not being able to concentrate
- A feeling of pins and needles or numbness in hand and feet
- Blurred vision
- Regularly getting infections
- Wounds that take long to heal
- Vomiting and stomach aches
Life threatening symptoms include:
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA) which can lead to dehydration, irregular breathing and confusion which may lead to a coma or a heart attack.
- Hyperosmolar states which cause severe dehydration and may progress to a coma or even death.
Rather be safe than sorry. If you suspect that you might have diabetes, speak to us now.